This is one of the most simple lobster recipes – you don’t need a lot and if you’ve got a bit left over from a previous meal, it’s well worth using it here.
Or you could cook an extra lobster and prepare it (cook, dress and freeze) until you’re ready.
A very simple meal but full of flavor.
Lobster Recipes – Lobster Loaded Potato Skins
6 average sized potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 chopped onion
1 pound lobster meat
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons parsley
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
***If you want your Lobster Stuffed Skins With a little kick, add cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste.
(1) Steam lobster for approximately 1/2 to 2/3 the normal steaming time, approximately 7 1/2 minutes to 10 minutes. (Regular time to fully steam a lobster is about 15 minutes per pound for the first pound, and about 5 minutes per pound for each additional pound thereafter.) Then, separate the claws and tails and remove the lobster meat and cut into small chunks.
(2) Bake the potatoes for approximately 45 minutes until tender.
(3) After potatoes have cooled, scoop out the center of the potato leaving about 1/4 of an inch around the inside of the skin and set aside.
(4) Take a large frying pan and melt some of the butter (2 tablespoons) and toss in the chopped onion until tender.
(5) Add the lobster meat and stir until fully cooked and remove from heat.
(6) Add the potato you scooped out of the center as well as the rest of the butter.
(7) Add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, parsley and milk.
***If you’re adding hot sauce or cayenne pepper add it now.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Place potato skins in a baking pan and generously fill the potato skins with the mixture.
Bake until hot and top with some more sour cream and chopped herb – dill, parsley or chives.
You may also like these recipes
Lobster Loaded Potato Skins
By Liz Alderson, Mar 30, 2016
This Lobster Loaded Potato Skins recipe is one of the most simple lobster recipes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Main Ingredient: lobster meat, potatoes