*Pot crab masala*
Crabs are widely available in coastal regions of India. Crabs have a great strong flavour. To enjoy it’s flavour at it’s best a crunchy crab masala is a way to go. A nice crunchy crab masala will complement a humble curd rice, fish curry and prawn fried rice.
Blue Crabs -1/2kg
Coconut – 1/4cup
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1tsp
Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder- 1 tsp
Crushed Ginger garlic- 2 tbsp
Curry leaves- 10
Mustard seeds- 1/2tsp
Grind Coconut, turmeric powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, coriander powder into a smooth paste.
1) Add 1/4 cup of oil for frying, add mustard seeds and curry leaves let it crackle.
2) Add the shallots, Ginger garlic paste, tomato and saute it well. Ensure the raw smell goes and it’s aromatic.
3) Add the crabs and fry them till its well coateda.
4) Add the ground mixture and 1/2 cup water. Turn the crabs well till the mixture is nicely coated around it.
5) Allow it to cook for 15 min so that the flavours can mingle into one another.
You can enjoy it with fish curry and rice once ready.
*Tips for better taste*
1) Choosing Crabs to make the dish is a vital part of making the masala. Choose the right size of crab according to your pot. As it helps in cooking evenly and better absorption of masala
2) Chopping the crabs into 2 or 4 also helps in coating the masala
3) Sea food tastes better while making it in a clay pot.
1) Sea food is Rich in calcium. Beware of the shell of crabs they must not be consumed
2) Crabs are too much heat one must enjoy it in limit to get benefitted from them.